Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Altered Matchbox

Hi folks! Teresa here with a little project. Literally, a little project: it's an altered matchbox using this new set of Lynne Perrella stamps, Collection 028:


Lynne Perrella Collection 028 

Here's the matchbox:


Using the Chutney paint from the Lin Brown Eclectica Limited Edition Paint Set , I firstly painted the matchbox, then covered it with bits and pieces I stamped onto cream cardstock and cut to fit. I added some tea stained gauze under each piece, and used a brad as a drawer pull. Oooh - look! There's something inside:

 

It's a little accordion book, made with the little house images at the bottom of the stamp set: 


I stamped the image onto cream cardstock, and cut them into separate houses. I then mounted each house with some gauze behind it onto a strip of burgundy cardstock that had been concertina'd. I sponged some Brushed Corduroy ink onto the edges to created a vintage look, and then I was done!


 I've got room to write a little message on the back - a birthday message for a friend who loves little houses.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you've enjoyed my 'little' project!

3 comments:

  1. You've done a brilliant job! And thanks so much for sharing your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Fabulous thanks for sharingxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just totally too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on our blog