Pages

Sunday 11 May 2014

Hi everyone,

It's Joan here with my last post for Crafters Cupboard Blog as part of the design team. I have made a reverse canvas and used the new limited edition Paper Artsy paint colours and Grunge Paste.

Step 1.
Choose a canvas suitable for you to have
enough room to work in at the back.  I chose a 9" x 12".  Bigger may have been better.  I then
painted gesso on the inside and around the edges.
I then sparingly glued some gauze (from somewhere in my studio) to the frame.










Step 2.
I then roughly painted the inside and edges with green paint and then blue paint for the sky.











Step 3.
After roughly painting in the sky I dribbled some water down to add some interest and help the blending.



Step 4.
I mixed some green (teal and fern) paint into the Grunge Paste to make some green grass  to put on the bottom of the inside of the canvas.









Step 5.
With the coloured Grunge Paste I put it into the frame recess and tried to make it look like grass.










Step 6.

I painted some watercolour paper with different tones using the amethyst, dolly mix and chalk Paper Artsy paints.









Step 7.
I then stamped and cut some grunge flowers.  Please see previous blog entry on how to do this Grunge flower .







Step 8.
I made some grass from some crown chipboard (cut off "gems"), stamped and die cut leaves from Lin Brown 7 stamps and die.
I also used some BoBunny flowers because the colour matched so well (flowers 2 and right frame).  I did add some paint to grunge them up a bit.
I then die cut some stems from Fancy That and stuck them into the grunge paste and added foam dots behind them to add depth.
I had wanted to stencil the word bloom from one of the new stencils, however I need a bigger canvas to fit everything in.
I then stamped the word beautiful (JOFY) and glued the word to the frame and added a metal frame from my stash.              
                                                                                   



 I hope you have enjoyed my blog posts for Crafters Cupboard and I hope to see some of you in the future.     Joan



=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog