Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

A cute little notebook ...

Hello fellow crafters, it's Anne again with another fun project to try.


Today I would love to share with you a little note book that I have made. This charming little book is an ideal gift for a special someone, or a little note book for yourself.





I started off with a piece of very heavy card measuring 11 1/4" (28.5cm) x 7 1/2" (19cm.) Then using my score pal, I scored the card at 5 1/4"(13.4cm) and again at 3/4"(2cm) creating a cover for my notebook.  For reinforcement of the spine, I added a strip of masking tape to the spine area. I then covered both inside and outside of the cover with gesso.

After the gesso was dry, I  had a marvellous time spraying the inside of the cover with "Rangers Distress Spray Stains" in various colours. After letting this dry, it was then time to have fun with these wonderful spray on the outside of the cover. When all was dry, I then sealed the whole cover with a spray of "Helmar Crystal Kote" fixative.



Time for the fun part and decorating the front cover. I stamped an image on the front cover using the Jofy stamp set JOFY24, then coloured the image using Silks Acrylic Glaze Paints. Added a metal charm from Prima's - Finnabair Mechanicals metal findings - 961181 and coloured the charm with Treasure Gold
              
I then stamped a quote on the back cover using the Squiggley Ink stamps set Bricks and Mortar 2 SIBM2
For the inside of the book, I made the pages by cutting 12 sheets of A4 - 300GSM paper down to 10" x 7".  I folded these in half, giving me 24 pages that measured 7" high by 5" wide. At the fold of every page I made pin prick holes at 1", 2", 3", 4", 5", and 6". I then sewed two pages at a time using "Bead Thread", until I had 6 sets of pages. With these, I joined three lots of the pages together by stitching them. I found it easier to connect the sewn pages to a strip a thick card measuring 6" long by 3/4" wide. This made a good base to connect the pages to the spine of the book.



Using some waxed leather thread, I then resewed the pages to the book cover, using the leather thread as a decretive addition to my book spine. you can then add some beads, ribbon and charms to the back of the spine for added decoration.

   

 I also highlighted some parts of the stamp work using a white Sharpe pen to make little bits of it "Pop"





Total making time:- Approximately 6 hours.


Products used were:
               Ranger Distress Spray Stains:- Antique Bronze, Black Soot, Seedless Preserve, Wild
               Honey, Faded Jeans, Picked Raspberry and Brushed Pewter.


               PaperArtsy stamps - Jofy Stamp set JOFY 24
                                              - Squiggley Ink stamps set Bricks and Mortar 2 SIBM2


               Silks Acrylic Glaze Paints - Emerald, Ginger Peach, Yellow Rose, Sky Blue, Pixie Pink,
               Raspberry Wine and Snap Dragon.


               Sharpie Pen - Fine White

               Treasure Gold - Royal Amethyst and Rose Quartz
    
               Bead Thread for sewing

               Charms, beads and ribbon from my own stash

               Prima's - Finnabair Mechanicals metal findings - 961181


I hope that you all have as much fun making this little book as I did.


Until next time, Cheers for now.
Anne
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on our blog